Monday, November 4, 2013

Tattoos

This is one of my most viewed posts from my old blog so I thought I would re-post it here. I don’t have much to say about tattoos. I like tattoos, I have tattoos, and that’s about it. I think tattoos are a person’s own choice, and they have the right to get as many as they want. I don’t care if you don’t like my tattoos, get over it. They are MY tattoos and each one has a different meaning to me. So I will put a little description with each picture.
This is the first tattoo I ever got. It is a dove with the olive branch in its mouth and it says never lose hope. I didn't have an easy life growing up, but it certainly wasn't the worst. I got the dove with the branch in its mouth because God sent Noah the dove with the olive branch as a sign of peace or hope, which meant alot to me. Never lose hope, No matter how bad the situation.
This is the second tattoo I got. It says living without regrets. It is in Italian, I had it written in Italian because I am part Italian.
The third tattoo I got with my best friend Alyssa. She HATES butterflies, so it’s kind of funny that’s what we ended up getting. Basically it’s just a best friend tattoo.
This is my Christian fish, with a cross for its eye. I always wanted to get a cross or fish tattoo, so I figured why not get both.
My fifth tattoo is a stargazer lily. The stargazer lily is my favorite flower, and purple is my favorite color. When I visited my aunt one summer she had a gorgeous garden and I took a picture of one of her flowers and that’s what my tattoo is of, except its purple and not pink and a bit more animated.
This tattoo is for my mom. We got matching tattoos for her sobriety. It meant a lot that she finally stopped drinking. I promised her we would get matching tattoos once she stopped drinking and had been sober for two years.
And last but not least my matching tattoo with my husband. Its the roman numeral 27 for our wedding date. This is the only tattoo that is visible all the time. I LOVE this tattoo and it is my favorite of all the ones I have, and it means the world to me.
Dreamer. This one means exactly what it says. When I am having a down day and I catch a glimpse of it in the mirror it reminds me to always follow your dreams.

Most of my tattoos have a bit more meaning then what I wrote, but I don’t feel the need to explain why I have them. And some of the reasons are personal.  there are all my tattoos for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment