Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Concert and Quarters

I am so sorry this is late! I planned on doing this post Sunday night and I ended up falling asleep around 8 and then yesterday after work I was going to write it but I decided I wanted NEEDED(insert sarcastic voice here) to bake. Worst idea EVER! I decided to try a recipe from Pinterest for apple pie cookies and I am pretty sure they would of turned out, but I was tired and didn’t feel too great and honestly after I started making the stuff I HATED myself; So of course I half assed it. I won’t even post a picture of the mess, because that’s what it was a HUGE mess of sticky caramel, apple pie mix, flour, and homemade pie crust dough and if you know me you would know that I CANT stand to be sticky. Even as a kid my mom said if I got anything sticky on my hands I would walk around with my fingers spread apart crying saying “ticky” until she cleaned them off. So anyways I got so fed up and put it all in a pan and baked the “slop”. Jesse was sweet and ate some of it and said it was really good, I don’t know because I didn’t even try it! Any who sorry to get so off track!
Friday night my mom and I went to the Brad Paisley concert with Chris Young and Danielle Bradbery. The concert was so much fun! And it was in fact the first concert I have EVER been to! They all sounded really good live and I got to hang out with my mom for a change. I felt so bad though, my little cousin got tickets for an early Christmas gift from our Grandparents, but come Friday morning she was sick and couldn’t go. So I stood in line and got an autograph from Danielle Bradbery for her (that’s who she really wanted to see) and she even put an “Ivy, hope you feel better” message on it. She was so sweet!
 Me, my mom, Her friend, and her daughter.
Saturday was the first Saturday that I have had off in I don’t know how long, and lucky me I get this Saturday off too. So Saturday was pretty lazy. I did however get to have lunch with one of my very good friends I hadn’t seen in a few weeks and then later that night we hung out with his best friend and played quarters after he put this cutie to bed.
 Now let me tell ya I am not very good at that game! I mean yea I can make it in the glass every now and then but this girl has no talent at bouncing a quarter off the table into a shot glass at all; Except Saturday night. I somehow managed to bounce it off the table and it landed on the rim of the shot glass! I couldn’t believe it, and I did bet the guys.
Sunday was so lazy. We watched TV all day while it was raining/ storming out. Mind you it was in the 60’s on Sunday! Crazy! But it resulted in some funky weather and Tornados just south of us (I think). Luckily we didn’t have any of that, just rain and crazy strong wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment