Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weekend Recap


Friday: Friday I worked as usual, not a bad day but we stayed pretty busy. After work I went home and made dinner (left over’s from the night before’s pizza casserole). We also got to hang out with Jesse’s best friend that we haven’t seen in FOREVER, couldn’t make it a late night because I worked Saturday morning.

Saturday: I worked Saturday morning, and then after we went to look for a new apartment (no luck what so ever!) and then went home, ate lunch, painted my nails and got ready for the night. We ended up at my parent’s house for a cookout with my aunt and uncle and some cousins. After, we went over to our friend’s house to play pool.



 Sunday: we went to church, had BLT’s for lunch and then went to the apple orchard. I love the apple orchard! The cider donuts and apple cider...mmm so yummy! It’s also the spot Jesse and I had our engagement pictures done almost two years ago! I also tried to make spaghetti squash for the first time and it wasn’t too bad.
 
 
 
Spaghetti squash

Take the squash and cut in half length wise (get a good knife and be careful because it’s really hard to cut)

Scoop out the seeds (you can bake them like pumpkin seeds...I accidently burnt mine)

Brush with EVOO and put salt and pepper on it for taste

Put in baking pan and put water in the pan (1/2 full with water)

Bake at 375 for about an hour or until you can easily put a fork into the squash

Let cool until you can easily handle

Take a fork and scrape out the squash (it obviously looks like spaghetti hence the name)

I used spaghetti sauce but you could really do just about anything with the “noodles”

Serve warm.

PS

The texture is a little weird

No comments:

Post a Comment