Sunday, December 22, 2013

In sickness and in health

I am finally starting to feel better .These past few weeks I have felt like crap, and just couldn't get up the energy to do a post. So here is a quick update on what’s been going on, which isn't a whole lot
I managed to get strep (for the first time) throat, and felt awful! I am just now starting to feel better and get back to normal everyday life. Jesse picked up some Winter Jack for me and warmed it up in the microwave, which help my throat somewhat. It was sorta like a hot tottie.

Between getting ready for Christmas and the New Year things have been a little crazy at our house.  This year I am helping make Christmas Eve dinner, so I found and tested a recipe for cheesy potatoes that we will have along with Italian Beef. We have had that every year on Christmas Eve for as long as I remember.
Yesterday I worked and then finally got some Christmas shopping done with my grandma. Me and Jess were supposed to take a ride to Janesville but never made it because we were supposed to get a snow storm last night. It didn't end up snowing until later but we stayed home and wrapped gifts instead. We ended the night by watching Were the Millers, and playing with the cat; crazy Saturday night, I know!
Today I got up and baked 4 dozen chocolate chip cookies, and made cinnamon rolls. Tomorrow night I will make my Oreo cupcakes with homemade cookies and cream frosting, and maybe some Oreo balls. Now however I am going to do some more Christmas shopping and hopefully wrap the rest of the gifts.
Only a few days till Christmas, and I cant wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment